WELL, it’s been a while. I’m still uhmming and ahhing over what to do with Smokin Tofu. I guess you can expect more travel posts and more body positivity, less restaurant reviews but more food porn. That’s the craic at the moment. I’ve not been resting on my laurels though. This month I’ve:
– interviewed ‘A Girl Called’ Jack Monroe for For Books’ Sake.
– written a thing for Vol Up 2 about fat and the Final Girl in horror movies.
– contributed to the For Books’ Sake feature in Geeked’s Intersectionality Issue.
– prepared for my forthcoming trip to New Orleans (so excited – it’s for my pal Nisha’s wedding!).
– started a Tumblr called Fuck Yeah Babes Eating in Public, which is unsurprisingly dedicated to celebrating women eating in public (because apparently we shouldn’t).
– worn a pretty banging doughnut necklace (review coming soon) from Black Heart Creatives.
We fly to New Orleans in two weeks! I’m so fucking excited to introduce my boyfriend to one of my favourite cities in the world. I’m looking forward to listening to jazz, eating bacos at Ba Chi Canteen, visiting the sculpture garden and going on another ghost walk of the French Quarter. There really is nowhere else on earth like New Orleans. I’m also psyched because a big chunk of my book is set in the city, so I’m going to be wondering round with a notebook in hand and camera stuck to my face for our ten day stay, gathering as much rich detail as I can.